Basic Cooking of Brown Rice with Quinoa
1 cup Karavansay Brown Rice with Quinoa
3 cups of water
½ teaspoon salt
Turmeric powder Karavansay to taste (for color)
½ teaspoon of Ghee Karavansay clarified butter
- Wash the brown rice with quinoa in a colander, drain.
- In a saucepan add the clarified Ghee butter, add the brown rice with quinoa and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Then add the water, salt and turmeric, stir and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Once dry, place over very low heat and cover for approximately 10 minutes.
- Check and test, it should be loose.